i won a printer - updated with picts


Upon the urging of some friends, and plenty of advice, I entered a fashion contest for HP and won the grand prize, one of their 3800N series printers. Now just have to find someone to sell it to. Fashion show updates to come later because I'm running on only 5 hours of sleep in the last two days. All-nighters projects, man do they do me in. Going to sleep....

So a little bit about the contest. The contestants were asked to design a collection of 10 pieces and produce 3 of them. It was required that print-outs from the HP Color Printer be used as a part of the designs.

There were two categrories: Student Designers and Professionals.

Student Skeches and Final Products:


Student Contestant 1



Student Contestant 2 - This one completely changed his designs. It looks awesome!



Student Contestant 3



Student Contestant 4



Student Contestant 5



Professionals' Skeches and Final Products:


Contestant 1



Contestant 2



Contestant 3



Contestant 4



Me. I only like the first two. I'm not very fond of the third one, need to rework it. Ah well, only had one week to get everything done.

I am so glad I was not a part of the Student Group. They had some really good stuff. Well, they also brought along a team of friends to help too, so I guess they had a bit of an advantage. I was the only one with no team at all. Some of the people felt bad for me, thinking I had no friends or something... lol. My friends just have better things to do then help me sew, like real work. It was an interesting experience none-the-less.


Student Winners: 2nd place, 1st, and 3rd.

4 Comments:

At 5/02/2007 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give you $150 for it. You know it makes sense.

i'll throw in a sushi lunch too :D

 
At 5/04/2007 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hihihi... this page so new...:D
this is Thuan

 
At 5/07/2007 10:05 PM, Blogger r. streitmatter-tran said...

screw that! i'm saving up for this bad ass printer holy shit!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/07/technology/07copy.html

 
At 5/10/2007 2:39 AM, Blogger Lin said...

That's so awesome Tuyet! Great update - I love the pictures. Retail US price is $900, ebay price is between $530 and $700. How much was the original cash prize supposed to be? I still can't think of anything else but a raffle. Good luck dealing with it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home