wedding season


I have been to three weddings in as many months. Just got back from 2 in Danang and have two more coming up, one in May and another in July. Why is everyone getting married this year? Ah well, another excuse for me to get ao dais made. That's always fun.


Me, Ha, Minh and Thu at Chi Lan's and Tuan's wedding.


Ha and I hanging out at kareoke afterwards. Like my ao dai? I designed it myself :)


My cousin Den at 5 a.m. in the morning anxiously awaiting for his wedding ceremony to begin. He's is oh so happy.


Him and his new bride, Phuong Linh.



The wedding reception was held at his parent's home, so the family was busy busy busy cooking all day. It was madness in the kitchen. There was over 300 guests. A long but fun day, more picts here: Co Den's Wedding



Last but not least was Khanh's and Phuong's wedding, which they did not inform me about until two days before just because I happened to be in Danang. Was not prepared to dress for a formal wedding reception at all. I came in what I had, jeans and a T, being the most underdressed person there. Sheizers.... Note: Important to inform guests of appropriate attire... and in a decent amount of time. 2 days is not enough! Me with the groom. I call him "Popeye", such a punk!


Phuong and Khanh


Khanh belting out a song for the audience.

5 Comments:

At 4/13/2007 2:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was just noting how purple is a good color for you. Normally I find purple (or jewel tones, generally), to be kinda blah, but it works well for your tan skin. cute design. I miss designing clothes. I got my hair cut today. I chose the "design." Does that count? I sorta look like a Q-tip. I'm diggin' it. Puffy round ball for a head, firmly planted on my neck. I want to go back and get it cut shorter, rounder, puffier, for maximum Q-tippiness. YES!

 
At 4/13/2007 6:08 PM, Blogger snowtweety said...

You did? Send me some pictures! When are you gonna shave it all off? Yeah, rich bright colors tend to work well on me. Pastels are blah.

 
At 4/18/2007 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crispy Balls, Puffy Round Balls... what the heel next, eh Bao?

As for the Ao Dai.... :D "Phwoah" Nuff said!

 
At 4/23/2007 2:23 AM, Blogger ypp said...

Right now I don't know much about ao-dai, but you look adorable with any of them I guess :)

I notice the hair ball at the back of your head... Very Vietnamese old-fashion, and very cute on you... I remember a picture of my grandma taken a very long time ago had that same hair thing.

 
At 4/23/2007 7:38 AM, Blogger snowtweety said...

hairball? ... um, who is this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home