miss lily


After all these years without an American name, I finally succumbed. Students in Vietnam do not like having teachers with Vietnamese names. They like a foreign-sounding name. Isn't it ironic that the one place I've ever needed to use an American name is Vietnam?

So after much searching, I have chosen Lily, just because all of the other names I thought of are already associated with friends. I have no friends named Lily and its fairly easy for Vietnamese students to pronounce. I must say that it was kinda strange at first, but after a couple of days, I've become used to it. Sigh.... Miss Lily. I like my real name much more.

2 Comments:

At 10/08/2005 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't tell you?? My English name IS Lily...haha, kidding. Dang, what's up with people and things western...grh.

 
At 10/10/2005 3:35 PM, Blogger snowtweety said...

Don't know. Its strange that they want to emulate the west so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home