saigon horsetrack?


This past weekend, Steph, Ngoc, and I went to the racetrack. Didn't even know they had one here... I thought gambling was illegal.... apparently not when it comes to horse-racing.... It would be the first time I've been to a racetrack period. Not much of the gambling for money type, for fun, yes... but not for money.

Anyways there was a lot of people there. We did make a few bets. Its 10,000 dong per bet. We even won a couple of times, but the way the pot works is that it's divided among all the winners and the times that we did win, so did everyone else, so the return would be measley. Oh well.






The crowds. It was very weird, kinda like a scene from 'My Fair Lady', but not quite so clean, British, or posh, if that makes any sense at all. I mean horse-racing is a Western activity, no? a sport from a bygone era reserved for those who can afford it. What the hell is it doing in Vietnam?



The horses.


Reading up on the stats.


Watching the action.


Who's in the lead?


See what I mean by questionable fashion sense....

1 Comments:

At 3/15/2006 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I know exactly where you are! My family's house is literally RIGHT ACROSS from the Sports Arena! (Nha Thi Dau Phu Tho!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home