back in boston


Landed this morning and damn, its cold. My sibs thought it was funny that I went into my boxes, scrounging around for my winter clothes. Pulling on a sweater and a blazer, I realized that all the summer clothes in my luggage is well... useless in this weather. Is this what 60 degrees feels like? I'm freezing my ass off. Its June, where the hell is the summer weather?

As my family laughs at me in their t-shirts and shorts, they comment on how I've become so Vietnamese. Hello? Where was I born? Yes, this girl has gotten used to the blazingly hot, sweaty, heat of saigon's tropical climate.

4 Comments:

At 6/10/2006 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean....when i went back to UK, i was freezing my ass off when landing and leaving the airport not having a coat, jacket even another t-shirt to give me some resbite from the cold drizzly british weather.

:(

 
At 6/12/2006 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

me and u tuesday! we got plans!!! call me!

 
At 6/12/2006 6:53 PM, Blogger r. streitmatter-tran said...

i too know what you mean. during certain nor'easters, my wet spiky gelled hair would freeze and break off like icicles. but in vietnam, it just falls out.

 
At 6/21/2006 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good seeing you chica! Have fun on your holidays!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home