festival of lights


When I was in Singapore a couple of weeks ago, there were three different festivals of lights all happening at the same time. So by pure coincidence, I stayed in hostels in all three locations and saw them all.

In Chinatown, we stayed a Traveller's Reststop. This is what the hostel had in their lobby:


Awwhhh.. and I like durian.


They also had a map of where thier visitors are from. Woo-hoo! First one from Da Nang.



Chinatown was celebrating the Mid-Autumn Festival. After two days in Singapore, we left of for KL and Bali.





When I came back to Singapore, I stayed at another hostel called Sleepy Sam's, which has a lot of character and free Wireless :)




Sleepy Sam's is located on Bussorah Street, which happened to be where folks were celebrating the Malay Festival, Hari Raya Pussa. After two nights there, I relocated yet again.... (kinda what happens with last minute booking...)




to another hostel called Hangout @ Mt. Emily. This was quite a nice little place. A bit further out than the other two, but in a quiet area near a park with an rooftop garden that had a pretty good view of the Singpore Skyline. It also had internet, but not wireless. Good place for a group of friends to stay. It is also a 10 minute walk from Little India...


where Deepavali was being celebrated.

I think I covered a bit of Singapore with all the hostel hopping :)

1 Comments:

At 10/21/2006 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow.. u need to take me to all these nice little places lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home